They met with a new speech therapist today. We loved her! It normally takes L I while to warm up to people (just ask LHF!!), but he loved her! We think he may have even said "bye" in some weird raspy Leland voice. It's so hard to tell if they're trying to say something or just making noise to be heard. I like to believe they are having full conversations with each other about life and philosophy, even though it's probably about how crazy I am, and I'm sure they're wondering why I talk to myself all day and then force them to have dance parties with me everyday after lunch. Hey, being a SAHM, you need to do something to help the days go by! Anyway, I just needed to throw in this picture of L meeting LHF for the first time.

G had a bit of a rough day today. He is HATING is D-AFO's. I think it's going to take him a while to get used to them. He just sat in his walker and had no interest in trying to walk. Poor kid, like I said, tough cookie but as stubborn as can be. Hopefully he gets used to them soon.
Tomorrow they have the pedi, oh the joys of 18 month shots! It's not an easy task to wrangle twins getting shots. Think of mass hysteria! One sets the other one off and it's all down hill for the rest of the day. After they'll get tylonal and momma will get some vodka and valume!
Being that today was a long, draining day, the highlights were L throwing a tantrum in the middle of the living room (laying on the floor kicking and screaming) because I wouldn't let him eat dog food (how mean of me) and G screaming for 20 minutes because I took The Hubs shoe away from him and he wanted to chew the show lace. You would have thought I just told him we were going to the Dr. Oh wait, that's tomorrow!
Oh one more thing, if you see a kid out in public going crazy and freaking out (there's a good chance it's one of mine) but just remember, there may be a reason they are acting out besides being brat. SPD can reek havoc on kids in public. Anytime I pull into a tight space, or in a store, L becomes terrified! We get tons of crazy looks and I often get the eye. Sorry if my kids offend you but, on top of being toddlers, they have SPD.
Ok, preaching about SPD is over. Now I have to go watch some mindless TV, and think about second birthday party themes for their second birthday, that's six months away.
No comments:
Post a Comment