So, this is my first attempt ever at writing a blog! I need to thank my wonderful Friend A for giving me the push to do this! A little background on us:
S (the hubs) and I have been together for eight years. We've struggled with infertility and miscarriage. It's been a wild ride. In the end, it all paid off. We were blessed with amazing twin boys G & L (the tiny humans). They are amazing, and the love of our lives. I never knew it was possible to love these tiny humans so much. They decided to enter the world a bit early...eight weeks to be exact. They've been fighters since day one, and will continue to fight their way through life. S and I will be there every step of the way.
The boys are now 18 months and amaze us every day. G is suspected to have mild CP (cerebal Palsy) and SPD (Sensory Processing Disorder). He just started crawling <3, can is starting to use a walker. I AM SO PROUD OF HIM! I can not say that enough! He is the toughest cookie I've ever met. Watching him makes me a stronger person. L also has SPD, SVT (Super Ventricle Tachycardia) and the Doctors believe he may be on the low end of the autism scale. Regardless, he is my love muffin. He's carefree and loving and lights up a room!
The Tiny Humans have turned our world upside down...in the best way possible! They works so hard, see so many Doctors (Cardiologist, neurologist, nephrologist, ENT, Ophthalmologist, and a Geneticist...oh my!). They are also going through tons of therapy (Speech, OT, PT, Food Therapy and soon Hippotherapy!!) What is Hippotherapy you may ask? It's PT with horses! The therapist use the horses to help them with balance and confidence. It's really amazing what they can do.
I think S and I sometimes wonder if we did something wrong to have two amazing babies who are special needs. On good days we know, we did nothing wrong, on bad days, it's hard not to blame ourselves. Is it because we're not religious? Did fertility treatments? Didn't do enough for them while they were in the NICU or when they first came home? Sometimes we just want to know why. Why will do these tiny humans have to struggle. In our eyes, they will always be perfect. They are prefect, amazing, spectacular, lovable, snuggable, huggable tiny humans! I hope this blog will allow you all to love them as much as we do!!





No comments:
Post a Comment