Sunday, September 9, 2012

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

The sun is shining, it's a cool 81 degrees, the windows are open, the dogs are outside enjoying the cool weather, and the boys, well, they're taring the house apart at the moment.  It's what they do best.

My misson for today is to find the boys some shoes.  Greyson got his new leg braces, so his shoes don't fit!  He originally was wearing SMO's.  They go right above the ankle but they weren't giving him enough support so he just got some D- AFO  D-AFO's are wide and clunky.  This poor kid looks like he has ginormous feet!!  He's a 4.5w shoe but with these braces, I think he'll need a 7, if not an 8.  Leland just wears little orthotic insoles that go inside his shoes to help with bowing.  No biggie.
The old brace is on the left and the new one is on the right.  We, well, I really wanted the black skull and cross bone design, because G is so bad ass, but they didn't have that one available when we got these made, so he's our little solder instead.

The hubs is away on a TDY for work, but will be back today!  WOOHOO!!!  When he gets back I am out that door!  This momma needs a break.  I love being with the tiny humans all day, but sometimes I need some time to myself.  Doesn't everyone?

Yesterday I forgot to introduce our two wonderful fur babies!!!  Lucy, otherwise known as "The Goose" and Penny.  The Goose is almost 4 and Penny is almost 3.  They make furballs the size of tumble weed, and think they are 40 pound lap dogs but they are complete awesome sauce!  Here they are wondering around in the sunshine.
The Goose is the one who is mooning you!  She's the sweetest, smartest dog I've ever met.  She sheds like a shedding machine (what's a shedding machine?) but she's gotten me through some very tough times.  Penny, well, for anyone who knows her.  She's just Penny.  Whiney, attention starved and perhaps has a bit of OCD, but she's super snuggly.  The best part about them is they are awesome with the tiny humans.  We were so worried they wouldn't like the babies, but they do great with them.  We can't complain.

G has been practicing using his walker a lot!  He gets tired in it pretty quickly but it's doing it's job.  Since he's hypo-tonic, he tends to through himself back when he's tired.  His favorite place to be in laying on his back while holding something between his feet ( I know quite a few people who like to lay on their backs to much with their feet, oh never mind).  Here's the lovebug taking a cruise.

Due to L's SPD, he's very sensitive to touch.  He doesn't like having his hands touched...at all.  So we've been working on hand holding with him.  Sometimes he fights it but he's been getting a lot better with it!  He still wants to run off every chance he gets, but don't all toddlers?  Here's L, the love muffin walking with The Hubs.  The cuteness of it all just kills me!  I DIE!  The two of them are like two peas in a pod.  He loves his Daddy.  G is more of a momma's boy :)
So, tomorrow is Monday and our crazy week begins.  Monday and Friday speech, Tue the Pedi, Wed OT, and Thur PT.  I wonder what kind of crazyness they'll tell me this week?  We also have a meeting Monday for Parents of Special Needs kids.  Its a small local group I found and I'm glad I did.  They are all amazing parents!  I'm blessed for knowing them.

Just a side note for today, it's GRANDPARENTS DAY!!!  My parents are freaking awesome to my little family!  They would do anything for us.  They should get a cookie today or something.  Sugar Free of course ;)
Also a Happy Grandparents Day to the Hubs Parents.  This picture was pre cranial helmets, so don't mind the crazy shaped heads! 

Just in case you were starting to wonder what they look like with their Carnail Helmets...FREAKING ADORABLE!!





No comments:

Post a Comment