Saturday, September 15, 2012

Oh Turkey Legs...

Today we took the boys to a small Renaissance Fair on Fort Bragg.  The Fair itself was pretty small.  It was the company that made it a good time.  We met up with some other twin families and had a great time.  The boys were kind of hot and cranky, but overall, I think they enjoyed being outside all day.  There were some, ummm, I guess you could call it, interesting people there.  I HATE Turkey legs!!  I cringe every time I see people walking around with Turkey Legs!  S kept pointing people out to me every time someone would walk by us devouring a Leg.  Gross!

This is going to be one crazy week for the boys!  Sadly, G's D-AFO's don't fit right and he has to get re-casted.  I'm not looking forward to it.  It's just what it sounds like.  They use the same plaster and bandages they use to cast a broken leg.  They're also making him a knee brace or sleeve of some sort to help keep his leg straight since it turns in and drags.  I would really like to bubble wrap him!  On a good note, he's been making a lot more babbling sounds lately and keeps trying to stand!  The downside to the attempts at standing...he falls and smashes his face into the floor :(

L had been doing great!  He's such a ham!  That boy needs his sleep or he's a big grump!  Hmmm...kind of like how S is, when he doesn't get enough sleep.  I really think OT is helping with his SPD.  He's a rock star!  He's still not making many sounds, but he'll get there.  I know he will.

Tomorrow we'll be seeing one of S's old friends that moved away a couple of years ago.  The last time he saw the boys they were just itty bitties.  Hopefully they'll nap tomorrow morning so they won't be cranky all afternoon!  Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment